Whether you are a member of Sibes.Org or not, perhaps through being a contributor or
volunteering help behind
the scenes, whether you work with Huskies or own or breed or show them or are just involved with them in some small way,
or even whether you just love Huskies and have enjoyed reading the articles on our site, our hope is that you will adopt and uphold
as we do the code of ethics guidelines we put forward below, for the benefit of the Siberian Husky breed.
- We support the rules of good sportsmanship in all Siberian Husky competition and activities.
- We support the sharing of all information that accurately, fairly and impartially represents the
true characteristics of the Siberian Husky breed.
- We support all efforts that help and encourage novice owners who face the unique challenges
of owning a Siberian Husky, recognising that we ourselves were once there too, not so long ago.
- We support only positive training methods for our dogs and discourage the use of all punishments and
aversives, and any training method that uses violence, intimidation or coercion.
- We support ethical and humane breeding practices and discourage any unregulated sales of puppies or dogs
through pet stores or casual breeders.
- We encourage responsible breeding that provides for certification against hereditary disease,
to ensure the future of all dogs and in particular the Siberian Husky breed.
- We will endeavour to assist with all Husky welfare and rescue efforts around the world
to ensure the wellbeing of all Siberian Huskies, and indeed of all animals.